Adding a product
Adding a Simple product is similar to writing a post in WordPress.
- Go to Authors Section > Add new Book.
- Enter a product Title and Description.
- Go to the Product Data panel, and select downloadable (digital).
The Product Data meta box is where the majority of important data is added for your products.
- Regular Price – Item’s normal/regular price.
- Sale Price – Item’s discounted price that can then be scheduled for certain date ranges. The sale expires at 11:59pm of the specified end date.
Product short description
Add an excerpt. This typically appears next to product imagery on the listing page, and the long description appears in the Product Description tab.
On the right-hand side of the Add New Product panel, there are book categories in which you can place your books. You can also assign product tags in the same way.
Add a main product image. This should be your book cover.
Adding a downloadable product
When adding a simple product, you can tick the Downloadable checkbox box in the product type panel. This adds two new fields:
- File path — Path or url to your downloadable file.
- Download limit – Limit on number of times the customer can download file. Left blank for unlimited downloads.
Downloading a book
- Click on add to cart below the book
- *View Cart*
- After this scroll down and *Click on checkout*
- Enter your details and click on *place order*
- Click on *pay now*
- Follow the instructions and complete your payment
- After payment you will be able to download the book of your choice